Gone are those days when physically disabled people needed extra personal support for their movements across their homes or offices. Modern Science is advancing fast and designing new ways using technologies to provide solutions to people. One such useful invention is modular ramp.
What are Modular Ramp Systems?
- Modular Ramps manufactured by industries act as a utility tool in assisting people who cannot walk and need help in their movements.
- Modular Ramps systems are composed of components such as stairs, handrails, and platforms.
- They are designed according to home or office layouts.
Benefits of Modular Ramps
- Easy to install or remove. They can be reassembled at other places easily.
- Can be used for short or long-term use.
- Portable in construction
- Strong Durability – Parts are lightweight but strong and can hold the weight of people in wheelchairs from 385-450kgs.
- Customizable parts – Any part can be removed and modified in the existing system.
- Requires no permit for installation
Applications of Modular Ramps
Easy to install Modular Ramps systems can be used at-
- Entry and exit areas of Homes
- Household garages
- Commercial Buildings such as offices, educational institutions, restaurants, etc
- Public places such as parks or government offices
Uses of Modular Ramps
There are various uses of Modular Ramps
- Modular Ramps provide easy & safe access for entering any area and come with different benefits such as – Made of aluminium metal due to which they are not easily susceptible to corrosion, scratches, rust, wear & tear.
- Residents use them as non-slip surfaces. They are installed inside or outside the garages for preventing people from slipping in rainy weather conditions. Surfaces are made of non-slippery substances.
- They are used by people in wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, crutches, etc.
- The Modular Ramps system acts as an alternative to stairs and helps in easy navigation of people to move between areas at different height levels.
- According to a report, there are more than 2.5 million wheelchair people in the USA who require Modular Ramps for their daily movements.
- Modular Ramps come in different shapes such as U-shapes or with 90-degree bends to fit according to a home layout.