Many of our customers approach us when they get home to find that their home is uncomfortably cold and they know they need a new furnace. When you need assistance, G.F. Bowman, Inc. is here for you. We are the premier furnace contractor in Harrisburg, PA and offer a variety of services to meet the demands of our customers regardless of their budget or the size of their home. Whether you need a new furnace installed in its place or a more cost-effective hybrid system, our experts can help.
Warnings That It’s Time to Get a New Heater
Concerned about the furnace’s condition as a whole? If that’s the case, think about these potential dangers to your furnace.
- Age: The average lifespan of a furnace is between 10 and 15 years with regular servicing. It may be time to consider a replacement if your furnace is 10 years old or older and is failing to keep your house warm.
- A rise in energy costs: Something is definitely amiss if you see a sudden increase in your utility costs while making no changes to how you normally use your equipment. As a result, your heater is overworking itself and not warming the room as it should.
- Frequent repairs: Repairs are typically homeowners’ first choice, but when they’re needed too often, it might be time to consider other options. Considering the expense of repairing an older furnace and the cost of a new unit will help you decide which option is best for your situation.
- Poorly zoned: Inadequate heating from a furnace is a typical homeowner worry. And although it may get there in the end, the extra effort it takes to get there will drive up your energy bills and shorten the life of your system.
Installing a new furnace is preferable to investing in constant furnace maintenance. In the long term, a new unit may pay for itself through reduced energy bills and more stable temperatures.
G.F. Bowman, Inc. is the company to call in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania region if you need expert furnace maintenance or repair services. We’ve been here since 1967, so you know we’ve seen every problem and know how to fix it. On the rare occasions when temperatures drop below freezing, your furnace will be your lifeline. However, what should one do if the heat from their furnace is actually cold? As your furnace contractors, we provide in-depth maintenance and repair services to ensure that your system is always operational.
Indicators That Your Furnace Needs Maintenance
There are often clear symptoms that your furnace is about to break down. Recognizing these indicators might help you decide whether to wait for routine maintenance or call for help immediately. Typical warning signs consist of:
- High Utility Costs: If your monthly utility costs suddenly and unexpectedly increase by a significant amount, something is clearly wrong. For some reason, despite your furnace’s best efforts, it isn’t producing enough warm air, which means it has to run for longer and, ultimately, cost you more money.
- Failure to Perform Routine Maintenance and/or an Annual Inspection: It’s likely that your furnace won’t work this winter if you haven’t been maintaining it.
- Bad Odors: Furnaces tend to collect dust and other pollutants throughout the summer when they are not in use. This filth floats on the air currents and eventually reaches your house.
- Temperature Fluctuations: Changing weather conditions need the use of a heating system that can generate warm air. If you’re just getting somewhat warm reception, something’s wrong. A number of issues can lead to temperature fluctuations, and every one of them necessitates expert intervention.
Do not put off thinking about your furnace until the weather becomes cold. You may simply prevent an emergency by always staying on top of maintenance and upkeep. Make it easy by contracting for furnace installation services in Harrisburg, PA with G.F. Bowman!