It is not rare for Leander homeowners to find bugs, insects, and rodents around. After all, the weather in Texas is pleasant for most parts of the year. However, when you find signs of pests inside your house, you have to seek remediation. Not all companies offering pest control in Leander, TX are the same, and for your help, we have enlisted a few pointers.
Hire a pest control company, not an exterminator
Many people assume that pest control companies and exterminators are interchangeable services, which is not true. Yes, exterminators and pest control services focus on eliminating pests, but the approach is vastly different. With pest control services, you can expect a more holistic approach. A professional company will be licensed, insured, and will take steps to mitigate certain environmental and health risks. For instance, exterminators often use chemicals and pesticides that are not very safe for other animals. If you have pets at home, the pest control company will rely on safer methods.
Don’t try DIY hacks
No matter the type of pest infestation you are dealing with, you should not try these online DIY hacks. Besides being ineffective in fixing the problem, DIY pest control can be risky too. For example, many bug zappers kill useful insects like bees. Also, using certain products without experience or expertise is not the best idea.
Find a reliable service
With numerous local companies operating in Leander, it can be hard to choose one. Always hire a pest control company that’s licensed and has liability insurance. Ask the service if they have an in-house team, and don’t step back from asking about their methods and products. You can ask questions like –
- What can you tell me about your pest control work in Leander?
- Can you share a few references?
- Will you inspect my property first?
- What means and products do you typically use for such pest problems?
- How much will it cost to hire your team?
- Are your workers trained and insured?
- Do you have an entomologist working with you?
- How would you reduce the environmental risks?
- What steps can you take to protect my family and pets?
- Do I need to vacate the property when your team is at work?
Most pest control companies will share an estimate after an initial inspection, but don’t choose a service because they are the cheapest in business. You may also want to check online reviews.