If you have made up your mind to replace your garage door and do not want to do it on your own, you will find a number of good contractors out there, who can do the project for you. Even though many people prefer to do it on their own, they end up spoiling it and their time and efforts go waste. Thus, it is best to leave the work to the professionals so that you can improve the efficiency of the door and it looks good too.
While you will easily find many garage door companies out there, it is important to find the one which best suits your needs and is within your budget. Before hiring, it is important to know some basics things about the contractor and what they have to offer to you. Here is a list of few important questions that you can ask the contractor to find out if the contractor will be the best person for the job. Although the list is not exhaustive, it will give you a pretty idea of the experience and the expertise of the contractor and let you decide if they are a good fit.
Interview Questions for Garage Door Contractors
- How many years of experience do you have in the business?
- Do you have any recent customer references that I can call?
- Have you completed a garage door project similar to mine recently?
- DO you have the proper licenses to work in the State?
- Are you a registered garage door contractor?
- Do you have the required insurance and are you covered by worker’s compensation?
- What type of written guarantees and warranties can you offer?
If you are satisfied with the answers the contractor provide, it is best to cross reference them with his past customers to find out if they were satisfied with the contractor’s work. It is best to take a list of at least past customers so that you are the contractor is not able to fool you by giving only the name of customers he knows was happy with the project.
Questions to Ask the Contractor’s References
- Were you satisfied with the services of the garage door contractor and would you recommend them to others?
- Would you be willing to hire them again for your future requirements?
- Did the contractor finish the project on time?
- Were you informed of the status of the project on a timely basis?
- Did the contractors clean up after the project was completed?
- Did the contractor ask you for any additional expense apart from what was initially anticipated?
It is important to spend some time in researching and finding a reputable garage doors contractor for the installation of your garage door. Remember to go through the website of the contractor to know as much as you can about them. This will help you prepare your questions that you should ask them. You can also have your queries answered before you hire them.